As Chancellor Molloy and Provost Conway announced in January, we are planning for a return to in-person instruction in Fall 2021. To achieve this goal while being responsive to the anticipated public health guidelines, Rutgers–New Brunswick has implemented the following planning framework to create the Fall 2021 Course Schedule:
- Capping In-person Student Enrollments: We have reduced classroom seating capacities to reduce building occupancy and to allow for distancing between students.
- Modified Modes of Instruction: Our academic programs will offer courses with diverse instructional delivery modes to increase options for students. These will include:
- Fully Face-to-Face
- Hybrid – combination of face-to-face meetings and online instruction
- Online – both synchronous (required meeting times) and asynchronous
- Modified Class Period Grid: We have adopted a new period grid for all RU-NB campuses to allow for more time between periods in order to reduce building occupancy during class changes and to allow for enhanced cleaning protocols.
We created a Course Schedule and Registration FAQs webpage to provide additional information regarding Fall 2021.