Final Exam Policies
The following rules shall govern the construction of the examination schedule and the handling of examination conflicts.
1. All final exams must be scheduled during the official Final Examination period as stated in the academic calendar except those approved by the Dean of Instruction of the academic unit.
2. Exam periods will be three hours in length and will be scheduled at the following hours: 8:00 -11:00 am, 12:00 Noon -3:00 pm, 4:00 -7:00 pm or 8:00 -11:00 pm.
3. Exams for courses regularly scheduled in the evenings have priority in terms of space and time over group or conflicts exams which might also be scheduled in the evening, Students enrolled in courses which are regularly scheduled in the evenings must take those exams at their scheduled times.
4. A student shall be said to have an exam conflict if that student has:
◦More than two (2) exams on one calendar day.
◦More than two (2) exams scheduled in consecutive periods (e.g., a student has exams scheduled for 4:00 -7:00 pm and 8:00 -11:00 pm on one day and 8:00 -11:00 am on the following day.)
◦Two exams scheduled for the same exam period.
Exam times can be checked online using your NETID and password. In case of a conflict a student can print a list of final exams and share it with instructors. Students having an illness requiring medical attention or conflict due to a religious observance, should contact the instructor of the course(s) involved for information regarding the arrangements for the make-up examination. The instructor may re-schedule the examination during the examination period and is responsible for rescheduling, proctoring, and grading make-up examinations to accommodate students who have conflicts.
5. If an instructor desires verification of the absence from an examination, the student must provide it. If they need assistance in providing it, they may contact the Dean of Students Office on any campus.
Class hour exams meet according to the day/time of the regular class meeting, as specified in the exam grid.
A = By Arrangement
C = Class Hour
B, D, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, Q = Group Exam
O = No Exam
S = Single Day starting 6:00pm or later and Saturday Courses